Three hard truths on why user experience matters

User experience relates to how one interacts with your website–be it locating information, navigating through pages, or waiting for certain elements to load. When these interactions encounter turbulence, traffic begins to take a hard bounce. 

As the most powerful marketing tool, your website has the potential to make and break a conversion. This is why dedicating substantial resources to ensure your site remains modern, optimized, and efficient should be a top priority for any business–multifamily included. While investing more heavily in other popular marketing tactics may seem attractive initially, considerable impacts can be felt for veering toward the alternative. Not to mention, if you offer a poor website user experience, you’ll likely struggle to keep traffic and leads afloat. 

If you’re still on the fence about your website investment and overall user experience, here are just some of the ways user experience can impact conversions and, ultimately, your bottom line.

1. You won’t be seen as credible.

There have been several studies conducted that have all confirmed the fact that your site visitors will judge you. More than 75% of users will deem a business as credible or not just by the impressions formed from your site’s design. And more than 90% of those surveyed indicate they will not trust a website they deem old or outdated. Though potentially alarming at first, it is only fitting given that humans are visual creatures by nature. The good news is that property managers and owners can land on the other side of this. By taking the time to think through your target prospects and conduct a few focus group studies, paired with the expertise of a quality designer, you can create a visually appealing site that your users will appreciate.

2. Your engagement will suffer.

With more than half of all website traffic originating from a mobile device, it makes sense that users expect a responsive site design. Many will quickly opt out of engaging when they don’t land one. Studies have shown that as much as 52% of users will not take a chance to engage with a site if it’s unfit for their mobile device. Additionally, 48% of users have noted that they become annoyed by poor mobile optimization. To get on these users’ “good” side, you’ll want to upgrade to a responsive site design that can load across mobile devices and desktops.

3. Your competitors will thank you.

This fact may be the most hurtful yet, but site visitors who encounter a bad user experience will jump ship and land on your competitor’s site. Unfortunately, up to 89% of visitors admitted to switching to a competitor due to a poor user experience. Worse, it only takes them about 15 seconds to make this judgment call. So, if you’re unwilling to give your competitors the upper hand here, you’ll want to invest in boosting the essential elements of your property website.


Rentbot can help.

If you want to ensure a positive (and profitable) user experience, Rentbot can help. We design websites for multifamily properties that attract, convert and retain tenants. Our modern websites offer the latest industry features with turnkey support and a budget-friendly price. You won’t lose prospects with our mobile-optimized design and conversion-optimized layouts. With online applications and deposits paired with real-time availability, you won’t have to worry about renters jumping ship for being inconvenienced. And, with our gorgeous and professional site designs and seamless navigation, your trust and credibility will not suffer at the hands of a poor user experience, leaving your competitors in the dust. 

If you’re interested in making a solid first impression while creating the most optimal user experience for your prospects at an affordable rate, schedule your free consultation today. We’ll set you up with a free Rentbot site to test at no cost to you. Learn more here.



About the Author

Jonsette Calloway joined the Rentbot team in 2015. With a background in public relations, advertising, and copywriting, she has helped many clients achieve their marketing and communications goals within various fields, but she particularly enjoys working with the apartment industry.